Skip to main content

The best way to get the day started

Jumping jacks.  Give me 25 right now.  Seriously.  Get your blood pumping. Give your body a jolt.  It is the consensus that the morning sets the tone for the entire day.  Crucial.  Which means that if you plan on investing any energy into the direction you want your life to take, your best shot is to make it plain when you first wake up.  But Wait.  I wake up in the morning and I lay in my bed for at least 20 minutes before I can even think about getting the motivation to move.  It's true.  The enemy attacks early.  While you are still slumbering.  He plots that you will fail before you even get up.  Imagine that.  Pay attention to the morning chatter in your mind.  Is it telling you how wonderful the day is going to be? Or is it more like, "Another day, same old stuff. I'll just lay here until I absolutely have to get up."  I know you've felt this way.   Well, here is an alternative, if you dare.

As soon as you gain consciousness in the morning, beat the enemy to his own post.  Start with a big smile, even a forced one works.  Thank your Heavenly Father for the blessing of life and the many blessings of this day that he has in store for you.  Then give me my jumping jacks or some type of physical activity for a brief stint - jump up and down, run around the house, put on some music and dance a little.  Anything that reminds you that you are still alive and well.  Shout it out. Give yourself some compliments before you leave the house that you are looking good, smelling good and feeling good.  Now hit the door with your favorite tune in your head as you leave out to meet the world.  With all the positive energy you have surrounding you right now, I cannot promise you that every encounter will be roses but I guarantee it'll be twice as hard for happenstances to knock you off course. Guard your mind with positivity. You are going into battle, don't you want to put on a little armor first?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Expecting the blessing to be the Blesser

For lack of a better word and to prevent a miscommunication of the main concept, Blesser : refers to the Almighty God – Creator of Heaven and Earth; omnipotent and ever-present and powerful Being.   Blessing : refers to everything and every one God has ever placed in your life to increase your value and to provide you fulfillment.     Blessings are all around us. They take many shapes and forms.   Blessings flow from the Blesser.   Your spouse is a blessing.   Yet sometimes you may expect him to be your God.   You may be expecting your spouse to perform duties only God can perform for you.   You may be expecting your spouse to fill a void, an emptiness you feel when only the Blesser can satisfy those requests.   There is no wonder why there is so much strain on our relationships.   Do not be confused on where your provisions are truly coming from.   Your job is a blessing.   Whatever way you are being provided for economica...

He who has ears let him hear

I can't help but think that I'm the seed that fell among the thorns, but the worries and cares of this world, and the chasing after wealth and position choked the good life out of the seed that was planted in me. Let me explain:  In Matthew 13, Jesus is speaking in parables about the sower who plants his seed along the path, some of it gets eaten up by birds, some of it falls on rocky places and does not take root so it doesn't survive.  Some of it falls among the thorns and gets choked by those thorns and some fall on good soil, takes root, and produces a crop.  He goes on in verse 22 to explain the parable further. Can I be honest here?  I feel like there is so much more I could be doing for God.  I know He doesn't require much from us, and that's why I think we are so easily able to dismiss the great commission, but out of the love in my heart, I want to do more for Him.  Listen, it's not necessarily what we can do for God when we give him space in o...

Woe to the Complacent

Amos 6:1-7 is a call to action for the blessed, full, contented individuals of the time.  During this time there were some who lived incredibly rich and abundant lives, while others were extremely poor.  Kind of like today, isn't it?  The Lord said, there will always be the poor among us.  Knowing that, I'm not sure he was looking to fix the economic imbalance, but more so fix our internal dispositions.  The Lord desires us to take care of one another.  He desires the fortunate to consider the unfortunate.  He desires the haves to look after the have nots.  He is pleased when the wealthy take care of the poor. The thought behind it is simple.  If you can, you should.  Giving keeps us from becoming greedy, insatiable people.  I often find myself saying "But I barely have..." and the Lord corrects me.  "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25. My pastor, Josh Teis, in his...