Skip to main content

Gaining a Fresh Perspective

I read the scriptures and in theory they all sound great..."love is patient, love is kind" 2 Corinthians 13.
"How joyful are those who fear the Lord - all who follow his ways! You will enjoy the fruit of your labor.  How joyful and prosperous you will be"  Psalm 128: 1-2.
"I tell you the truth if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea, and it will be done.  If you believe you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer" Matthew 21:21.
Sometimes, the Word of the Lord appears too good to be true.  I can ask in your name Lord and receive it?  Okay, what's the catch? If I have faith and do not doubt.  Well, there's the issue.  Who among us doesn't have doubts?  We all have doubts, I assume.  I can pray for something but how do I know for sure, that I will receive it?  And because I feel that way, does that automatically imply doubt and now, surely I won't?  How can I learn to believe without doubting so I can receive the promises of God? 
I asked these questions and just like learning to ride a bike, I discovered it's a journey that takes practice. Nothing beats good ole practice.  Now, as we begin to step out on faith, God meets us in our journey with the strength and fortification of the Holy Spirit.  There will come a point where practice and willpower will only get you so far.  For real results, we must depend on the "YES" of the Lord through the help of the Holy Spirit.  That help is readily available and not that hard to get.  We can get that help with a simple prayer:  "Lord, I desire to walk in faith in a mightier way.  I know that I cannot believe and not doubt, without your help.  As I begin this journey to trust you more, and stand on the truth of your Word, may you come quickly to fortify my stance.  On all occasions I ask, if I give you my willingness and acknowledge that I need you, that you promise to show up and show out for me.  Would you do that for me, Lord?  I know you love me and you long to be gracious to me.  I thank you for all your help and look forward to walking with you in new faith and a fresh perspective.  In Jesus' wonderful name I pray. Amen.
Now, let us walk in the "YES" God has given us.  The Word is full of promises we can stand on, however choose one that is near to your heart that expresses the growth you desire to have in the Lord.  Focus on walking that scripture out in full assurance of faith.
For me,  I have chosen to stand on his Word that, "I am blessed because I have believed that the Lord would do what he said"  Luke 1:45.  I am going to receive the wonderful blessings God has in store for me.  I'm going to start with thanksgiving for what he's already done and approach this day with delight.  I know his goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
God bless you, my friends. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mic Check

  1 Peter 3: 15 “Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life.    And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it.” 2 Timothy 4 “Preach the word of God.   Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not.   Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.”   I missed an opportunity to preach the Good News at my father’s 70 th birthday party with all our friends and family gathered together to celebrate my dad.   What a wonderful time we had.   And I was holding the mic and recounted an early childhood memory but I had also planned to speak about a time when my dad and I were on the phone and having a deep conversation about life and some loved ones who had passed away. It was a difficult time and it seemed we had lost too many friends and family members one right after the other.   I grew up in the church, thanks to my mom’s dedication to get my brother and I there, whether we wanted to go or not.   My dad only r

On Marriage and Family

A strong family is the backbone to a thriving society.   And I was shaped by a strong family.   My mother and father have been married for 38 years and counting and I grew up in the same home all of my life.   I consider my upbringing to have been very sheltered compared to many, but I never felt like I missed out on anything.    I have numerous happy memories and some sad ones too.   I've made my fair share of really bad decisions in life, but I ultimately feel equipped to be able to get through this thing called life.   Why is this important?   Well, the fabric and culture of our society is moving farther away from traditional family households.  We are less and less concerned about who is raising our children.   We are increasingly concerned about how we look physically, and not even on the health of our bodies (which might be okay) but just the shape of them.   We are increasingly sexifying our generation and the ones to come.   We are more concerned about going viral tha

The Woman I'm Meant To Be

Sometimes I’m really hard on myself.   There is a disparity between where I am and where I want to be.   I’ll never be perfect, and that’s never been my burden.   I’ve always wanted to do my best.   And I feel an incredible sense of satisfaction when I’ve given my best effort.   When you know you’ve left it all out on the field, when you’ve given it your all, when you’ve fought till your last breath.   There is a sense of peace when you live there, and I want to live there more often than not. Living there requires passion.   That’s where some get lost.   Not knowing what their passion is.   To give your all, there has to be something that you care enough about that you’ll exhaust yourself, staying up late to get it done.   You’ll wake up early to get closer to achieving it.   There isn’t anything easy about it, except loving it.   So, that’s what drives you to keep pressing toward it.   As the apostle Paul said in Philippians 3:13, “Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hol