Skip to main content

Journal Entry #1 - Work Ethic and Motivation

I admire so much my mother and father.  It was ingrained in them that we must work.  And it wasn't so much make sure you make a lot of money as much as it was to make sure you stick with something, persevere, do good, spend right, and save.  I admire my husband's work ethic.  I know his daughter is his motivation and strength.  I'm in awe at his dedication.  He's spent the last 19 years of his life building his career.  If someone looked at me the wrong way at my job, I'd be like, "I don't have to be here."  "I can find another place to work where they don't look at me crazy!"  It's an exaggeration on why I would leave but I'm certain it was just as petty.  I've lost out on a lot of great opportunities just because I didn't know how important is was to stay, to fight through the rough patches, in order to build something worth anything.  Wherever you are, I encourage you to stick with it.  It may not be the best situation, but I've seen my mother, father and husband turn not so great situations into the very foundations that our families stand on today. 

Maybe that's more so why Real Estate is necessary.  I have a family and people who look up to me.  And God has blessed me with this brain so I can learn.  If I can build something that can help them either get into Real Estate (if they wanted to) or help my family become closer because we'll be working together, then it's worth it.  I have to find the "worth it" in my life and hold on to it, because the days don't get easier, if you're living without a purpose.  Waking up in the morning is not easy without a purpose and a goal.  I have to believe in the plan and the vision for my future.  I have to believe that this will work and will benefit my family - otherwise, I have nothing driving me.  I have to believe that I'll be good enough and knowledgeable enough to do this well.  And who said I can't learn Spanish, or get my doctorate, or be the best Real Estate Agent in the Las Vegas Valley!? 

When I was in school, I was so focused.  I made it happen.  I made sure, I made it happen.  I studied.  I was determined.  And it felt good to believe that I could do anything.  I was going to school, going to work, studying, writing papers, taking tests, meeting with study groups, meeting with professors, taking time with friends, etc.  Incredible!  Nowadays, I'll be happy to get a load of laundry all the way done.  I can get it cleaned and dried, but folded and put up...that'll be in 2 days. 

I know I only got through school with God.  And He wouldn't take me through all that to bring me to this stage of my life to fend for myself.  He wants me to trust Him for my education at all times, for my growth and progress.  Because I'm still in school - The School of Life.  And we never stop learning.  I can do this!!  And now having determined that this must be done for the betterment of my family, because the godly leave something behind for their children...a house, a business, a relationship that'll last a lifetime in Jesus Christ, a work ethic, a generous mentality, a strength, a drive, a mindset.  God called me to go first.  To go ahead.  To make a way. I don't know how long this will take, but the journey starts now. 

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving."  Colossians 3:23. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Expecting the blessing to be the Blesser

For lack of a better word and to prevent a miscommunication of the main concept, Blesser : refers to the Almighty God – Creator of Heaven and Earth; omnipotent and ever-present and powerful Being.   Blessing : refers to everything and every one God has ever placed in your life to increase your value and to provide you fulfillment.     Blessings are all around us. They take many shapes and forms.   Blessings flow from the Blesser.   Your spouse is a blessing.   Yet sometimes you may expect him to be your God.   You may be expecting your spouse to perform duties only God can perform for you.   You may be expecting your spouse to fill a void, an emptiness you feel when only the Blesser can satisfy those requests.   There is no wonder why there is so much strain on our relationships.   Do not be confused on where your provisions are truly coming from.   Your job is a blessing.   Whatever way you are being provided for economica...

He who has ears let him hear

I can't help but think that I'm the seed that fell among the thorns, but the worries and cares of this world, and the chasing after wealth and position choked the good life out of the seed that was planted in me. Let me explain:  In Matthew 13, Jesus is speaking in parables about the sower who plants his seed along the path, some of it gets eaten up by birds, some of it falls on rocky places and does not take root so it doesn't survive.  Some of it falls among the thorns and gets choked by those thorns and some fall on good soil, takes root, and produces a crop.  He goes on in verse 22 to explain the parable further. Can I be honest here?  I feel like there is so much more I could be doing for God.  I know He doesn't require much from us, and that's why I think we are so easily able to dismiss the great commission, but out of the love in my heart, I want to do more for Him.  Listen, it's not necessarily what we can do for God when we give him space in o...

Woe to the Complacent

Amos 6:1-7 is a call to action for the blessed, full, contented individuals of the time.  During this time there were some who lived incredibly rich and abundant lives, while others were extremely poor.  Kind of like today, isn't it?  The Lord said, there will always be the poor among us.  Knowing that, I'm not sure he was looking to fix the economic imbalance, but more so fix our internal dispositions.  The Lord desires us to take care of one another.  He desires the fortunate to consider the unfortunate.  He desires the haves to look after the have nots.  He is pleased when the wealthy take care of the poor. The thought behind it is simple.  If you can, you should.  Giving keeps us from becoming greedy, insatiable people.  I often find myself saying "But I barely have..." and the Lord corrects me.  "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25. My pastor, Josh Teis, in his...