Amos 6:1-7 is a call to action for the blessed, full, contented individuals of the time. During this time there were some who lived incredibly rich and abundant lives, while others were extremely poor. Kind of like today, isn't it? The Lord said, there will always be the poor among us. Knowing that, I'm not sure he was looking to fix the economic imbalance, but more so fix our internal dispositions. The Lord desires us to take care of one another. He desires the fortunate to consider the unfortunate. He desires the haves to look after the have nots. He is pleased when the wealthy take care of the poor. The thought behind it is simple. If you can, you should. Giving keeps us from becoming greedy, insatiable people. I often find myself saying "But I barely have..." and the Lord corrects me. "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25. My pastor, Josh Teis, in his...
Comments
Post a Comment