Skip to main content

Modern Day Proverbs 31 Woman

Let me tell you what I see:

I see a beautiful woman, fierce and tender-hearted. Focused and executing beautifully her dynamic position.  I see her refined from head to toe, though she'll always say, "this could be a little better."  Her husband is proud and her children are impressed, and they always have everything they need.  She is thinking a few steps ahead and is usually always prepared.
There is no slack or waste around her.  Her speech is clean and short.  She is always classy because it exudes from the inside out.  Her boss and her clients can rely on her.  She makes her own way and she is not afraid to take risks, because her future is secured in Christ.  She takes on challenges, and grows from every one because she relies on Christs' strength.
She is full of compassion and patience - yet she always gets it done on time.  She enjoys her life, however short, with gratitude for what God has done through Jesus Christ, making time for family and friends whenever available, and minding the times, as the Day approaches. Her worriers are few because her God is great and powerful.  And she walks into a room to bring heaven in with her, everywhere she goes.


This is me.  This is what I see when I see me.  I'm not fully there, heck I may not even be 20% there, but this is the me that I believe God sees when he sees me, and the me I want to be.


Once you have written your Proverbs 31 vision, pray over it.  Share it with God.  Express to him that you need his help in becoming the daughter or son you want to be.  He is your Heavenly Father and he will help you.  You can't just get better on your own.  That's what the self-help industry wants you to believe.  That you can pick yourself up and make changes to your life.  That if you have the will, you can do it.  If you stay focused.  Sure, a lot of that stuff has it's place.  But we are children of the Almighty God, the maker of heaven and earth.  Our God says, "Do not fear, for I am with you.  Be not dismayed for I am your God.  I  will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10.

Our God uses a lot of "I's" in his speech.  Self-help uses a lot of "You's."  God is gladly willing to put his strength to work on our behalf.  He isn't asking for you to do it.  He's asking for you to ask him to do it.

"Do you not know?  Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  Isaiah 40:28-31.


I have a vision of the woman I am, and I will be that beautiful fierce tender-hearted woman, but it won't be because I made all the right choices.  It'll be because I asked the right Person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Expecting the blessing to be the Blesser

For lack of a better word and to prevent a miscommunication of the main concept, Blesser : refers to the Almighty God – Creator of Heaven and Earth; omnipotent and ever-present and powerful Being.   Blessing : refers to everything and every one God has ever placed in your life to increase your value and to provide you fulfillment.     Blessings are all around us. They take many shapes and forms.   Blessings flow from the Blesser.   Your spouse is a blessing.   Yet sometimes you may expect him to be your God.   You may be expecting your spouse to perform duties only God can perform for you.   You may be expecting your spouse to fill a void, an emptiness you feel when only the Blesser can satisfy those requests.   There is no wonder why there is so much strain on our relationships.   Do not be confused on where your provisions are truly coming from.   Your job is a blessing.   Whatever way you are being provided for economica...

He who has ears let him hear

I can't help but think that I'm the seed that fell among the thorns, but the worries and cares of this world, and the chasing after wealth and position choked the good life out of the seed that was planted in me. Let me explain:  In Matthew 13, Jesus is speaking in parables about the sower who plants his seed along the path, some of it gets eaten up by birds, some of it falls on rocky places and does not take root so it doesn't survive.  Some of it falls among the thorns and gets choked by those thorns and some fall on good soil, takes root, and produces a crop.  He goes on in verse 22 to explain the parable further. Can I be honest here?  I feel like there is so much more I could be doing for God.  I know He doesn't require much from us, and that's why I think we are so easily able to dismiss the great commission, but out of the love in my heart, I want to do more for Him.  Listen, it's not necessarily what we can do for God when we give him space in o...

Woe to the Complacent

Amos 6:1-7 is a call to action for the blessed, full, contented individuals of the time.  During this time there were some who lived incredibly rich and abundant lives, while others were extremely poor.  Kind of like today, isn't it?  The Lord said, there will always be the poor among us.  Knowing that, I'm not sure he was looking to fix the economic imbalance, but more so fix our internal dispositions.  The Lord desires us to take care of one another.  He desires the fortunate to consider the unfortunate.  He desires the haves to look after the have nots.  He is pleased when the wealthy take care of the poor. The thought behind it is simple.  If you can, you should.  Giving keeps us from becoming greedy, insatiable people.  I often find myself saying "But I barely have..." and the Lord corrects me.  "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25. My pastor, Josh Teis, in his...