Skip to main content

On Never Looking Back

Whenever I start to question whether or not I have made the right decision to write, speak and lead...or whether I am worthy or deserving, capable even to bring the vision to pass...whenever I get ovewhelmed and anxious - I close my eyes and breathe deeply, concentrating on breathing deeper still and I get in touch with my life force.  And then I see even clearer that there is no other way. Destiny or Death. And then no other questions need to be asked because I know at the core of my being that I was designed for greatness.  I have tried on many shoes and no other shoe fits me.     -MKO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Expecting the blessing to be the Blesser

For lack of a better word and to prevent a miscommunication of the main concept, Blesser : refers to the Almighty God – Creator of Heaven and Earth; omnipotent and ever-present and powerful Being.   Blessing : refers to everything and every one God has ever placed in your life to increase your value and to provide you fulfillment.     Blessings are all around us. They take many shapes and forms.   Blessings flow from the Blesser.   Your spouse is a blessing.   Yet sometimes you may expect him to be your God.   You may be expecting your spouse to perform duties only God can perform for you.   You may be expecting your spouse to fill a void, an emptiness you feel when only the Blesser can satisfy those requests.   There is no wonder why there is so much strain on our relationships.   Do not be confused on where your provisions are truly coming from.   Your job is a blessing.   Whatever way you are being provided for economica...

Woe to the Complacent

Amos 6:1-7 is a call to action for the blessed, full, contented individuals of the time.  During this time there were some who lived incredibly rich and abundant lives, while others were extremely poor.  Kind of like today, isn't it?  The Lord said, there will always be the poor among us.  Knowing that, I'm not sure he was looking to fix the economic imbalance, but more so fix our internal dispositions.  The Lord desires us to take care of one another.  He desires the fortunate to consider the unfortunate.  He desires the haves to look after the have nots.  He is pleased when the wealthy take care of the poor. The thought behind it is simple.  If you can, you should.  Giving keeps us from becoming greedy, insatiable people.  I often find myself saying "But I barely have..." and the Lord corrects me.  "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25. My pastor, Josh Teis, in his...

He who has ears let him hear

I can't help but think that I'm the seed that fell among the thorns, but the worries and cares of this world, and the chasing after wealth and position choked the good life out of the seed that was planted in me. Let me explain:  In Matthew 13, Jesus is speaking in parables about the sower who plants his seed along the path, some of it gets eaten up by birds, some of it falls on rocky places and does not take root so it doesn't survive.  Some of it falls among the thorns and gets choked by those thorns and some fall on good soil, takes root, and produces a crop.  He goes on in verse 22 to explain the parable further. Can I be honest here?  I feel like there is so much more I could be doing for God.  I know He doesn't require much from us, and that's why I think we are so easily able to dismiss the great commission, but out of the love in my heart, I want to do more for Him.  Listen, it's not necessarily what we can do for God when we give him space in o...